I am beyond blessed to say that I got the opportunity to host a beautiful and intimate High Tea on the exquisite Jacana Guest Farm of Dave and Sheila Scott. Jacana is a working farm situated on a secluded property within the golden triangle of world renowned wine estates, nestled between Peter Falke & Rust and Vrede, located midway between the historical towns of Stellenbosch and Somerset West.
The farm has 4 spacious guest suites and a newly renovated venue called, The Boardwalk which will soon play host to a variety of functions, conferences and musical evenings.
On Friday it kicked off and welcomed some special ladies for a High Tea in the Gazebo at the top of the vineyard, which turned out a great success.
The menu was carefully planned and prepared to present what Jacana strives for, beautiful food that is healthy and wholesome for the mind and body. The farm and its gardens is a place where you can enjoy the peace and tranquility of the unspoiled natural surroundings. It offers the opportunity for relaxation, reflection and rumination. It will soon offer some coffee and snacks for visitors wanting to experience what Jacana has to offer.
The menu consisted of:
1. Beet Dyesd Deviled Eggs
2. Crispy Prosciutto Cups with Goats Cheese and Figs
3. Classic Heart shaped Avocado and Feta Pate Sandwiched
4. Tomato and Goats Cheese Mini Quiches
5. Sliced Cucumber topped with Cream Cheese and dill and served with Smoked Salmon
6. Heavenly Scones with Whipped Cream and Cherry compote
7. Kiwi Slices topped with Raspberries and Edible Flowers
9. Turkish delight
10. Fresh fruit
11. Sparkling Non-alcoholic Rose with fresh Pomegranates
12. Water served with Edible ice cube flowers
The set up style and theme was retro so we decorated the table with old books, scales, lace and mismatched tea cups. It looked absolutely gorgeous and was the talk around the table.
We are already looking forward to our next event at Jacana on Wednesday 10 April 2017. Photos and information to follow as soon as possible.
Enjoy the photos...